Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kelley & Ping

I don't generally venture out for lunch (no time, no money), so I try to be selective when I do. An author friend mentioned Kelley & Ping as a cheap and delicious lunch spot in Soho, so I had to check it out. I was not disappointed!

In celebration of getting out of my office for lunch, I ordered a tropical iced tea (sadly, not spiked). It had lovely pineapple and mints flavors, but wasn't overly sweet.
What's inside the container?
Kelley & Ping's dim sum lunch box. Shrimp shumai, vegetable spring rolls, cold sesame noodles, and steamed shrimp dumplings accompanied by some sort of soy sauce dip and sweet & sour sauce. The diverse combination was the perfect solution for this extremely indecisive person. I could have spent fifteen precious minutes of my lunch hour trying to decide between their enticing salads, noodle bowls, and wraps, but I'm a sucker for dumplings and spring rolls. Everything was delicious, but the crispy spring roll, and peanuty noodles were what I savored most.
Not only is lunch at Kelley & Ping affordable ($12 for a meal and drink), it's tucked away on Greene Street, sheltered from the hoards of fashion-crazed European tourists and disgruntled New Yorkers roaming Soho.

No comments: