Monday, July 9, 2012

Bag Lunch: Gazpacho

I've been wanting to make gazpacho for years, but never felt like it was the right time. Enter in New York's blazing heat wave. Bingo, gazpacho time. Now, before you stop reading because you don't like tomatoes/cucumbers/bell peppers, I want to encourage you to try this recipe. It is exactly what you want to be eating on a hot, humid day: bright, cool, refreshing, delicious. It would be great for a summer picnic or potluck, too, because it's cheap to make, produces a huge amount of food, and is easy to transport (though you'll need bowls)! Oh, and did I already mention that it's delicious?!

There is gazpacho under that mountain of feta, I swear.
You can find everything you need up top, through the link, but I have two tips. When chopping your vegetables in the food processor, leave them a little course to give your gazpacho more texture (if you like that sort of thing), and pair it with some sort of protein and a grain so that you have a complete meal. I'm having mine with feta mixed in and crackers on the side, but some crusty bread and shredded chicken would be tasty, too.

1 comment:

Katie Truelove said...

I completely agree that you don't understand gazpacho until you experience a truly hot summer!