Monday, July 2, 2012

On Persevering

The last seven-plus months have been . . . difficult. Not bone-crushingly difficult, sure, but kind of hard.

I...
lost my chief taste tester to Oklahoma.
moved for the first time in 3 1/2 years (no small feat in New York City). 
learned to share a kitchen with two strangers.
felt horrified, confused, and generally lost when it came to feeding myself after reading The Omnivore's Dilemma.
suffered extreme guilt and anxiety every time I sat down to blog (anxiety thanks to being a perfectionist, an Assistant Editor, and big sister to a photographer).

But I enjoy chronicling what I've made and I really like hearing that something I've cooked has inspired a friend to try something new. So, I'm going to scale this thing back (less photos, less words--current rambling post aside) and try to become a more efficient communicator.

If you follow me on instagram (emelliaz), you know I haven't stopped cooking, I've just gotten a little self-conscious about this blog. Bear with me. And now, I leave you with a random image from last week.

Coney Island. Trust me, you don't want to see what the beach itself looks like.
Oh, and did I mention that my ancient (five-year-old) macbook is dying, making it really annoying to write and compounding the anxiety problem mentioned above? Donations welcome.

More soon,

Emellia

5 comments:

Katie Truelove said...

I'm excited to see your creations! You're constantly trying something new and are super talented- looking forward to more on the blog!

PamCakes said...

Yay for blogging again!!!

Jordan said...

I miss being your best taste tester! Move in with me!

Anonymous said...

where is the donate button?

Emellia said...

Thanks, ladies! Anonymous, I was sort of joking, but I do have a paypal account if you'd really like to donate. ;)