Friday, July 22, 2011

Prime Meats

Brunch is definitely one of my favorite things about living in Brooklyn. Each neighborhood is littered with delicious options, each quirkier and cozier than the next. One of my favorite places (aside from my number one, Miriam) is Prime Meats. Their egg sandwich is my go to. You can get it with their excellent bacon or sausage, but I was feeling "healthy" that day, so I opted for avocado.
 
Buttery biscuit, perfectly ripe avocado, creamy scrambled egg, and melted cheese (with a dash or seven of Cholula hot sauce--a condiment I keep in my desk drawer I love it so much). Heaven. The only downside was the enormous biscuit. How could I possibly take a bite without ruining my beautiful sandwich?
Not being a fan of inefficiency or waste (particularly of a very delicious biscuit) I sliced the top part in two and enjoyed a post-egg sandwich snack of biscuit . . .
. . . dipped in honey. Free dessert!

No comments: